Joshua Oppenheimer, Denmark, 2014
Jørgen Leth leads Danish line-up at IDFA
15. nov 2019 | IDFA 2019. Jørgen Leth's intimate self-portrait 'I Walk' is world-premiering in the Competition for Feature-Length Documentary, while the Danish filmmaker will be honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Jørgen Leth and Eva Marie Rødbro in competition at IDFA
23. oct 2019 | IDFA 2019. Jørgen Leth's 'I Walk' is selected for the main Feature Length competition at IDFA, while Eva Marie Rødbro's 'I Love You I Miss You I Hope I See You Before I Die' is revealed for the First
Jørgen Leth to receive Lifetime Achievement Award at IDFA
08. oct 2019 | IDFA 2019. IDFA pays tribute to distinguished auteur Jørgen Leth at the upcoming doc fest. Also, a number of Danish titles have been announced so far for the festival, running from 20 November.
Awards Season for The Look of Silence
26. feb 2016 | AWARDS SEASON. "The Look of Silence" is nominated for an Oscar for Best Documentary Feature. See the honours that Joshua Oppenheimer's gripping film has been awarded during Awards Season, culmitating with the
Not enough hours in the day for us to talk
09. feb 2016 | INTERVIEW. It has been nearly 10 years since producer Signe Byrge Sørensen first hooked up with director Joshua Oppenheimer and one of the most fruitful cinematic partnerships of the new millennium took root.
Read interviews with Oscar Nominees
15. jan 2016 | INTERVIEWS. Tobias Lindholm's "A War" is nominated in the foreign-language category for the upcoming Oscars, while Joshua Oppenheimer's "The Look of Silence" is one of the five documentary feature nominees.
Two Danish films Oscar nominated
14. jan 2016 | OSCAR 2016. Two Danish films enter the final run in the world's most prestigious film event: Tobias Lindholm's "A War" in the Foreign Language Film category and Joshua Oppenheimer's "The Look of Silence" in the
Adi Rukun is "Unforgettable"
23. nov 2015 | THE LOOK OF SILENCE. What do Amy Winehouse, Iris Apfel, and Adi Rukun have in common? They are all "Unforgettables," Cinema Eye's list of this year's most notable and significant nonfiction film subjects – from the
Meanwhile, in Danish film …
27. oct 2015 | ROUNDUP. Oscar entry "A War" will be making its North American premiere at the AFI Fest in Los Angeles, "Sparrows" claimed a Silver Hugo in Chicago, and Thomas Vinterberg's "The Commune" got a trailer. Read
Three potential Danish Oscar entries selected
03. sep 2015 | OSCAR 2016. "A War" by Tobias Lindholm, "Men & Chicken" by Anders Thomas Jensen, and "The Look of Silence" by Joshua Oppenheimer are shortlisted for Denmark's Foreign Language entry, with the final
"Reaction Has Been Very Deep"
23. jun 2015 | INTERVIEW. "The Look of Silence," produced by Danish company Final Cut for Real, is currently playing in UK cinemas and opens in the US in July. We caught up with Joshua Oppenheimer who tells about highlights
Rosita to Moscow
04. jun 2015 | FESTIVAL. Frederikke Aspöck's second feature "Rosita" with prominent young actor Mikkel Følsgaard will celebrate its international premiere in the Main Competition at Moscow Film Festival (19-26 June).
Five Danish films to SXSW
04. mar 2015 | FESTIVAL. Three Danish documentaries, a short and an animated short are heading for South by Southwest, opening on 13 March in Austin, Texas.
Revealing the fiction of our reality
21. feb 2015. Joshua Oppenheimer reflects on what the process of making The Act of Killing and The Look of Silence has taught him, and how he sees his role as documentary filmmaker today.
The Look of Silence and Flotel Europa win prizes in Berlin
14. feb 2015 | BERLIN. Joshua Oppenheimer's "The Look of Silence" wins the Peace Film Prize, and Vladimir Tomic's "Flotel Europa" wins the Tagesspiegel Reader's Jury Award.
Snapshots from Berlin
12. feb 2015 | BERLIN. "Antboy – Revenge of the Red Fury" had its international premiere Monday in Generation Kplus. The ten Danish films selected for this year's festival range from tales of superheroes over TV drama to
Robert Awards winners 2015
02. feb 2015. "Nymphomaniac: Director's Cut" was the big winner at the Danish Film Academy's annual awards ceremony in Copenhagen.
Danish films awarded in Göteborg
01. feb 2015 | AWARDS. "In Your Arms" by Samanou Acheche Sahlstrøm was named Best Nordic Film at Göteborg Film Festival, announcing its winners on Saturday. Among these were also Joshua Oppenheimer's "The Look of Silence"
Danish films at Sundance, Göteborg and Rotterdam
21. jan 2015 | FESTIVALS. Danish films are well represented at both Sundance and the film festivals in Göteborg and Rotterdam. Read on for an overview of the new Danish films traversing the festival circuit.
The Look of Silence in Indonesia on Human Rights Day
11. dec 2014 | INDONESIAN RELEASE. "The Look of Silence" premiered last month in Indonesia, and Joshua Oppenheimer's film also had a highly symbolic screening on 10 December.
Overview of the 15 Danish films at IDFA
19. nov 2014 | IDFA. The world's biggest documentary film festival, IDFA in Amsterdam, has a record-breaking 15 Danish films lined up for this year's edition, including a world premiere of "Something Better to Come"
CPH:DOX 2014 awards
15. nov 2014. CPH:DOX. Joshua Oppenheimer's "The Look of Silence" has been awarded the DOX:AWARD. Read on for the full list of winners at this year's CPH:DOX and see the list of films to be streamed for free on
Meeting the Audience: Interview with Joshua Oppenheimer
11. nov 2014. "The reception has been far beyond what I could have hoped for." Talking to FILM about the reactions to "The Look of Silence", Joshua Oppenheimer recalls the powerful experience of watching his film
Holding a Mirror to Horror
11. nov 2014. "The Look of Silence" sees Joshua Oppenheimer back in uncharted territory. While "The Act of Killing" took a surreal look at Indonesia's genocide through the imagination of the killers, his follow
Building a True Creative Space
11. nov 2014. Signe Byrge Sørensen has produced both of Joshua Oppenheimer's films bringing to light the human consequences of the Indonesian genocide. Her collaboration with the American-born director has proven
15 Danish films to IDFA
10. oct 2014 | IDFA 2014. Zimbabwe moving toward a new constitution, everyday life in Europe's largest garbage dump, an illegal arms drop over India, young Danish-Somali men engaged in holy war – these real-life stories are
"1989" opens CPH:DOX 2014
10. oct 2014. CPH:DOX 2014. Scandinavia's largest documentary film festival has revealed 12 titles in their main competition section, the DOX:AWARD, including the two Danish films "The Look of Silence" and "1989"
The Look of Silence Wins in Venice
06. sep 2014 | VENICE. Joshua Oppenheimer's Danish-produced "The Look of Silence" was awarded the Grand Jury Prize during Saturday's closing ceremony of the 71st Venice International Film Festival.
Moving World Premiere in Venice
05. sep 2014 | VENICE. Glamour met grim reality as Joshua Oppenheimer's "The Look of Silence" world premiered at the Venice Film Festival on 28 August. Helle Hansen, Film Commissioner at the Danish Film Institute, tells
Look of Silence – "Stunning Companion Piece"
29. aug 2014 | VENICE. We picked up a few headlines from the first reviews of Joshua Oppenheimer's "The Look of Silence," premiering at Venice Film Festival.
Danish Doc Award to Act of Killing Producer
26. aug 2014 | ROOS AWARD. Walking the red carpet in Hollywood was probably the last thing on Signe Byrge Sørensen’s mind when she started grappling with the 1000 hours of footage that would eventually become "The Act of
Venice beckons Joshua Oppenheimer and Lars von Trier
24. jul 2014 | FESTIVAL. The eagerly anticipated Danish-produced documentary "The Look of Silence" is selected for competition at the 71st Venice Film Festival. Out of competition, Lars von Trier reveals in full his epic
Tlf. +45 3374 3621
Billed- & Plakatarkivet
Joshua Oppenheimer was nominated for an Oscar in 2014 for “The Act of Killing” which has won huge international acclaim since its world premiere at Toronto Film Festival in 2012.
Signe Byrge Sørensen