Nicolas Winding Refn, Denmark, 2013
Indie picks for the summer
05. jul 2013 | US RELEASES. Judging by the latest UK ratings, Joshua Oppenheimer's "The Act of Killing" still leaves no critic unaffected. To be released in the US on 19 July, the film is one of four Danish-produced titles on
Only God Forgives in Munich
21. jun 2013 | FESTIVAL. "Only God Forgives" is competing in Munich and recently won the main prize at Sydney Film Festival. Nicolas Winding Refn's Bangkok noir had its North American premiere at LA Film Fest – broad US
Only God Forgives divides critics
23. may 2013 | CANNES 2013. Walkouts, boos and cheers. Yesterday's screening of Nicolas Winding Refn's violent Bangkok noir "Only God Forgives" divides the critics who rate the film with 1 to 5 stars.
"Pushed Ourselves to the Max"
22. may 2013 | CANNES 2013. So says Lene Børglum, producer of Nicolas Winding Refn’s "Only God Forgives", a low-budget film with a stylised cinematic vocabulary and a star-studded cast.
Between heaven and hell
22. may 2013 | CANNES 2013. Taking cues from cinematic Bangkok and Eastern mysticism, Nicolas Winding Refn's new film explores a man's search for something to believe in. You might even say the director got some supernatural
Refn – Selected films
21. may 2013 | CANNES 2013. He left the National Film School of Denmark at 24, when he got the funding to make his first feature, "Pusher", a breakthrough film for Mads Mikkelsen. Get to know the films by Nicolas Winding Refn
Danish films in Cannes 2013
13. may 2013 | OVERVIEW. Are you curious to know more about Danish films and filmmakers in Cannes? Get all the information you need about films, people and companies at this year's festival.
"We Pushed Ourselves To The Max"
07. may 2013. So says Lene Børglum, producer of Nicolas Winding Refn's Danish Cannes competitor "Only God Forgives", a low-budget film with a stylised cinematic vocabulary and a star-studded cast.
Between Heaven and Hell
07. may 2013. Nicolas Winding Refn and Ryan Gosling are back on the red carpet in Cannes, this time with Refn's Danish-produced "Only God Forgives". Taking cues from cinematic Bangkok and Eastern mysticism, his
Refn and Gosling to Cannes
18. apr 2013 | CANNES 2013. Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn is back in competition in Cannes with his Danish-produced "Only God Forgives", starring Ryan Gosling in the lead as a gangster in Bangkok's criminal underworld.
Tlf. +45 3374 3621
Billed- & Plakatarkivet
Wild Bunch / 99 rue de la Verrerie / 75004 Paris / France / t +33 1 5301 5020 / f +33 1 5301 5049 / www.wildbunch.biz, Gaumont / 30 Av. de Charles-de-Gaulle / 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine / France