Camilla Nielsson, Denmark, 2014
What's next for Zimbabwe?
26. sep 2018 | TO WATCH FOR. Camilla Nielsson's 'Democrats' from 2014 toured the festival circuit and was commended by critics as a rare insider's view of the writing of Zimbabwe's recent constitution. Now the director is
Democrats no longer banned in Zimbabwe
02. mar 2018 | INTERVIEW. Camilla Nielsson’s documentary 'Democrats,' about the making of Zimbabwe’s first democratic constitution after more than 30 years under the dictatorship of Mugabe, was banned by the country’s
March at the Cinematheque
27. feb 2017 | CINEMATHEQUE. The musical is alive and kicking! Discover the inspirational sources to Damien Chazelle's Oscar-winning "La La Land," or enjoy a coffee and cherry pie with other "Twin Peaks" fans at Copenhagen's
Meanwhile, in Danish film …
27. oct 2015 | ROUNDUP. Oscar entry "A War" will be making its North American premiere at the AFI Fest in Los Angeles, "Sparrows" claimed a Silver Hugo in Chicago, and Thomas Vinterberg's "The Commune" got a trailer. Read
Nordic Focus in Lübeck
26. oct 2015 | FESTIVAL. "A War" by Tobias Lindholm and "Land of Mine" by Martin Zandvliet are part of a strong Danish showing at Nordic Film Days Lübeck (4-8 November), a festival devoted exclusively to Nordic and Baltic
Awards to Bridgend and Democrats in Tribeca
24. apr 2015 | AWARDS. Jeppe Rønde's "Bridgend" and Camilla Nielson's documentary "Democrats" receive top awards at Tribeca Film Festival. Dagur Kári's Icelandic-Danish co-production "Virgin Mountain" was also awarded at
Democrats and Bridgend to Tribeca
05. mar 2015 | FESTIVAL. Jeppe Rønde's "Bridgend" is selected for the World Narrative Competition and Camilla Nielsson's "Democrats for the World Documentary Competition at Tribeca Film Festival in New York.
Danish films at Sundance, Göteborg and Rotterdam
21. jan 2015 | FESTIVALS. Danish films are well represented at both Sundance and the film festivals in Göteborg and Rotterdam. Read on for an overview of the new Danish films traversing the festival circuit.
Something Better to Come Wins at IDFA
28. nov 2014 | IDFA 2014. "Something Better to Come" by Hanna Polak took home the Special Jury Award at the world's biggest doc fest celebrating films and prize winners at Friday's closing party.
Danish Films Nominated at IDFA
26. nov 2014 | IDFA 2014. Camilla Nielsson's "Democrats" and Hanna Polak's "Something Better to Come" are among the nominees for IDFA's main award.
Overview of the 15 Danish films at IDFA
19. nov 2014 | IDFA. The world's biggest documentary film festival, IDFA in Amsterdam, has a record-breaking 15 Danish films lined up for this year's edition, including a world premiere of "Something Better to Come"
CPH:DOX 2014 awards
15. nov 2014. CPH:DOX. Joshua Oppenheimer's "The Look of Silence" has been awarded the DOX:AWARD. Read on for the full list of winners at this year's CPH:DOX and see the list of films to be streamed for free on
On the Road to Democracy
11. nov 2014. A unique chemistry emerged between filmmaker Camilla Nielsson and the protagonists of "Democrats", Paul Mangwana and Douglas Mwonzora, former political opponents united by their efforts to write a
15 Danish films to IDFA
10. oct 2014 | IDFA 2014. Zimbabwe moving toward a new constitution, everyday life in Europe's largest garbage dump, an illegal arms drop over India, young Danish-Somali men engaged in holy war – these real-life stories are
Tlf. +45 3374 3621
Billed- & Plakatarkivet
Hanna Polak has directed, produced and shot several films that have won international awards, including the Oscar-nominated, IDA-winner and two times Emmy-nominated The Children of Leningradsky (2014).