Anders Riis-Hansen, Denmark, 2014
Danish films at Sundance, Göteborg and Rotterdam
21. jan 2015 | FESTIVALS. Danish films are well represented at both Sundance and the film festivals in Göteborg and Rotterdam. Read on for an overview of the new Danish films traversing the festival circuit.
Overview of the 15 Danish films at IDFA
19. nov 2014 | IDFA. The world's biggest documentary film festival, IDFA in Amsterdam, has a record-breaking 15 Danish films lined up for this year's edition, including a world premiere of "Something Better to Come"
A Circus Love Story
11. nov 2014. "The Circus Dynasty" is a love drama set in a circus. Over a whole season, director Anders Riis-Hansen travelled in a caravan with Denmark's Cirkus Arena, plumbing his fascination with the circus
15 Danish films to IDFA
10. oct 2014 | IDFA 2014. Zimbabwe moving toward a new constitution, everyday life in Europe's largest garbage dump, an illegal arms drop over India, young Danish-Somali men engaged in holy war – these real-life stories are
Stories from the North at CPH:DOX
08. oct 2014. CPH:DOX 2014. Copenhagen-based CPH:DOX has revealed the nominees in the NORDIC:DOX competition. A total of 16 films, of which 3 are Danish, will be competing for the best Nordic doc award.
Tlf. +45 3374 3621
Billed- & Plakatarkivet
Anders Riis-Hansen, formerly documentary editor at the Danish Broadcasting Corporation, directed his first feature doc, “Blekingegadebanden” — The Invisible Cell, in 2010, which won the Danish critic’s Bodil, award the same year.
The Berdino Family, The Casselly Family, Ringling Brothers