Thomas Vinterberg, Denmark, 2016
Mads Mikkelsen in Thomas Vinterberg's next feature
12. jun 2019 | IN PRODUCTION. Mads Mikkelsen returns to Danish film playing the lead in Thomas Vinterberg's upcoming drama about a group of friends embarking on an experiment to prove that modest intoxication opens our minds to
April at the Cinematheque
28. mar 2017 | CINEMATHEQUE. Satisfy your hunger for music films, explore Belgian cinema or immerse yourself in Technicolor classics. In April at the Cinematheque, there is a good number of films with English dialogue or
Bodil Awards to First Features
07. mar 2017 | AWARDS. Two debuting feature directors took centre stage at the annual Bodil Awards: Christian Tafdrup's "Parents" received four prizes, while Rasmus Heisterberg's "In the Blood" was named Best Feature.
March at the Cinematheque
27. feb 2017 | CINEMATHEQUE. The musical is alive and kicking! Discover the inspirational sources to Damien Chazelle's Oscar-winning "La La Land," or enjoy a coffee and cherry pie with other "Twin Peaks" fans at Copenhagen's
The Day Will Come and Parents lead Robert Awards 2017
06. feb 2017 | AWARDS. "The Day Will Come" by Jesper W. Nielsen about two boys' rebellion against a tyrannical headmaster was named Best Danish Film at the Danish Film Academy's Robert Awards on Saturday. Winner of the
Nominees for the industry's Robert Awards
13. jan 2017 | ROBERT 2017. Horror in the L.A. fashion world, communal living in the 1970s and tyranny in a 1960s boarding school – the Danish Film Academy reveal their choices for this year's Robert Awards nominees.
The Commune and Parents at the Fore in Bodil Awards
12. jan 2017 | BODIL 2017. Of the five films running for best Danish film, no less than three are first features. Top scorer in this year's nominations for the Danish critics' Bodil Awards is Thomas Vinterberg's "The Commune,
European Film Awards to Danish films
18. nov 2016 | AWARDS. Martin Zandvliet's "Land of Mine" and Thomas Vinterberg's "The Commune" collect four of the seven prizes in the European Film Academy's first awards announcement. The trophies will be handed out
Trine Dyrholm nominated for European Film Award
07. nov 2016 | NOMINATION. For her role in Thomas Vinterberg's "The Commune," Trine Dyrholm receives one of the five nominations for European Actress 2016. This year's "European Oscars" will be held on 10 December in Wroclaw
Denmark's Oscar entry revealed 19 September
15. sep 2016 | OSCARS 2017. The final candidate to represent Denmark in the Foreign Language Oscar category will be elected on 19 September from a shortlist of three films.
Five Danish Films on EFA Shortlist
13. sep 2016 | EUROPEAN FILM AWARDS. Tobias Lindholm's Oscar-nominated "A War" is among the five Danish feature and documentary films shortlisted for the European Film Awards, and the film is also nominated for the People's Choice
Three films on Denmark's Oscar shortlist
15. aug 2016 | OSCAR 2017. "The Commune" by Thomas Vinterberg, "Walk with Me" by Lisa Ohlin and "Land of Mine" by Martin Zandvliet are shortlisted for the title as Denmark's Foreign Language entry. The Danish Oscar committee
The Commune to Toronto
26. jul 2016 | FESTIVAL. Thomas Vinterberg's Silver Bear winner "The Commune" will be screening as a Special Presentation at the 41st Toronto Film Festival, running 8-18 September.
28 Awards for Danish Films
05. apr 2016 | FESTIVAL. In the first quarter of 2016, Danish films have brought home 28 international awards and special mentions. Martin P. Zandvliet's "Land of Mine" tops the list with 10 awards.
Trine Dyrholm Wins Silver Bear
20. feb 2016 | BERLIN. Trine Dyrholm wins a Silver Bear for Best Actress at the Berlinale for her role in Thomas Vinterberg's "The Commune." Mahdi Fleifel wins a Silver Bear for Best Short for his British-Dutch-Danish co
Memories of Love and Togetherness
11. jan 2016 | INTERVIEW. "Based on a true feeling" is how Thomas Vinterberg describes his ninth feature, inspired by his childhood years in an intellectual commune. Wendy Mitchell talks to the director about "The Commune"
Thomas Vinterberg in Berlin Competition
11. jan 2016 | BERLIN. Thomas Vinterberg's "The Commune," based on the director's own experiences growing up in a commune in the '70s, is selected for Competition at the 66th Berlin Film Festival starting 11 February.
Meanwhile, in Danish film …
27. oct 2015 | ROUNDUP. Oscar entry "A War" will be making its North American premiere at the AFI Fest in Los Angeles, "Sparrows" claimed a Silver Hugo in Chicago, and Thomas Vinterberg's "The Commune" got a trailer. Read
Forthcoming Danish Features
17. mar 2015 | UPCOMING. Productivity is high in Danish filmmaking at the moment. To help out, here is a selection of some of the important films that have either just premiered or will so in the coming months.
Tlf. +45 3374 3621
Billed- & Plakatarkivet
In the director’s third feature, Tobias Lindholm reunites with actors Pilou Asbæk and Søren Malling from A Hijacking, a critical hit at Venice and Toronto. Lindholm has written several episodes for the international hit series Borgen (2009-13). Co-writer with Thomas Vinterberg on the director’s two latest films, Submarino (2010, Berlinale Competition) and Cannes winner The Hunt (2013), and upcoming The Commune (2015). Made his directorial debut with R, co-directed with Michael Noer. Among Variety’s 10 Directors to Watch in 2013.
Pilou Asbæk, Tuva Novotny, Søren Malling, Charlotte Munck
René Ezra, Tomas Radoor